Recently we have seen fraudulent activity involving the e-pay terminals! These are terminals that allows stores to sell mobile phone credit.
Luckily most store owners have read warning information that had been published in the August . This information was provided by e-pay to help you prevent fraudulent issues.
Avoid Fraudulent Activity Involving the E-pay Terminal
* Always ensure payment is processed before you hand over a voucher or gift card
* Only accept cash payment for cash products (including ukash and Visa)
* Never give anyone your secure e-pay terminal pin
* Never give out a voucher code over the phone or in person without prior payment
* If you’re suspicious of fraud, immediately call e-pay customer service on 1300 301 408
* Only use this phone number for customer service
* Do not process refunds once the customer has left the store
E-pay products are great sellers and increase your customers’ basket spend in store. However it is important that you follow these simple tips for safe selling.