When spring time comes along we are all looking for ways to refresh our home space. The kitchen is the area of the home that people congregate and mingle, so take some time this season to give your food haven the revamp that it needs. This way, when friends and family come together for upcoming holidays and summertime cookouts you will have a beautiful and relaxing space to entertain. Here’s 11 ways to freshen up your kitchen this Spring:
1. Repaint the cabinets. Nothing says a new kitchen like new colors!
2. Unhinge a door off of one cabinet to have an open display. Show off your spices and herbs with a homemade display.
3. Invest in [easyazon-link asin=”B009NKXITI” locale=”us”]drawer organizers[/easyazon-link]. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did. You can use a silverware container for more than just your spoons and knives. Organize your coupons or take-out menus among other little things in these organizers.
4. Plant some flowers! Nothing brings a [easyazon-link asin=”B002B55XI6″ locale=”us”]kitchen[/easyazon-link] to life like a little foliage on the windowsill or countertop. Be sure to choose flowers that can stand to be indoors and are accustomed to sitting in the sun if you choose to place them on the windowsill.
5. Make a drastic change by taking down the outdated [easyazon-link asin=”0688144756″ locale=”us”]wallpaper[/easyazon-link]. Paint an accent wall. Use chalkboard paint on one wall or in a small space above your cabinets. This will add some creativity to your kitchen without overdoing it.
6. Don’t be afraid to hang things on the walls. Put up a chalkboard. Hang a retro clock in the corner. Make your kitchen feel a little more homey with wall decor.
7. Add a rug. You can put one on the floor or on the wall. If you don’t like to paint, hanging rugs take care of that extra space you have on one of your kitchen walls.[easyazon-image align=”right” asin=”0848734726″ locale=”us” height=”300″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YA0OAau2L.jpg” width=”191″]
8. Add some curtains to your kitchen windows. It shades the setting sun, or rising depending on where your windows are facing, while adding a little decor.
9. Invest in some new appliances. Your refridgerator has probably seen better days. Your sink might be a little outdated. You don’t have to go crazy, but investing in stainless steel appliances will be worth the price since they are durable.
10. Change out the knobs on your cabinets and drawers. A simple change like this can have a drastic impact on the look and feel of your kitchen.
11. Add lighting where there is none. You probably have an overhead light, but installing lighting fixtures underneath your cabinets that are above the counters would add a cozy feel.
Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box! Thrift shops are great for finding little knick knacks that add character to your kitchen. Pick a color scheme and add some of your own flair to your kitchen!
Carly is a blogger for Forward Home Security. She can always be found at a local coffee shop hunched over her laptop, and loves blogging about home improvement, and DIY projects.